Thursday, February 21, 2013

New Running Style...For Now

Hello there everyone...Happy Thursday!

I have decided to go ahead and start doing run/walk intervals instead of just running the entire time, mainly because my body seems to like this style better.  I have been trying to channel my old self (pre-injury) and it just has not been working out, at all.  I so want to be back where I was before my pelvic stress fracture, but I now realize I am just not that person or runner any longer.

I am coming to terms with the realization I am where I'm at in my running and that where I'm at is a good place.  I don't have to compete with my old self any longer.  I have joined a ladies running group here in my home town and my first run is Sunday the 24th.  These ladies are doing the C25K in preparation for The Pear Blossom Run in Medford, Oregon in April.  I figured it would be good to just get back into the habit of running even though I can run a 5k already...it is all good!

I am okay with the new me...the plant based diet is going great and my heart definitely loves it, life is Great at this time.  The exception is that my son was in an accident last Saturday and was run off the road by a truck while he and his brother were long-boarding near our house.  We took him to the ER and found that he broke his collar bone and injured his shoulder and may need surgery.  Please keep him in your prayers, he is home and will see surgeon Friday.  Blessings and hugs to you all! 



*Black Knight if you are reading this let me know how you are doing as I could not comment on your posts. Hope you are doing well my friend*  

Godspeed...this comes from the Middle English expression "God spede (you)", a wish for success and fortune for one setting out on an enterprise, voyage, adventure, or travels. It may also mean good luck. "Limitations only exist if you let them" © 2012 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.

5 comments:

  1. Prayers for your son!
    A combination of walking and running is really healthy. One tones and shapes muscle while the other slims.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES! I hope the collar bone heals quickly...it is so hard to heal there since it can't be casted.

    As for running- I have resolved that I will never be fast again...but I can keep getting exercise. Good for you for joining a ladies running group.

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shannon, not sure if you would check back on the comment/question you left on my blog, but here's my answer:

    It is run 2 minutes, walk one minute. I use a Gymboss for the intervals - it's a little timer that's easy to set, and it beeps at me to run and then beeps at me to walk...pretty simple way to run without thinking about when you can walk - this device tells you.

    Good luck with your running, and healing wishes toward your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog today and I look forwad to reading your race recap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please forgive me for this late comment but this was a hectic week with many problems. All the best to your son and my prayers are for him.
    I am sure that your "new style" will work: the most important thing is never give up.
    I hope you have run a very good race this morning.
    A big hug from Italy.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by...can't wait to hear all you've got to say! Blessings!

Labels

000 steps (1) 10 (1) 5k (19) A-Z Challenge (25) Acupuncture (1) AMT (1) B is for (17) Biceps Femoris injury (3) bike (1) biking (7) bloghopping (1) BMR (1) books (1) C is for (16) cancer (13) celebration (7) celebrity runners (1) checking in (23) chia (1) Christmas season (3) coastal getaway (2) cooking (1) cross train (28) current obsessions (1) D is for (15) dancing (2) days of giving thanks (10) death (1) drink (1) E is for (14) exercise (45) expresso bikes (7) F is for (13) facebook (1) family (34) fasting (1) FF linkup (3) fires (1) fitness (26) flower (1) food (13) friday blog hop (2) friends (29) G is for (13) gardening (4) goals (3) God (13) goodbyes (2) grief (1) gym time (5) H is for (11) healthy living (21) hot weather running (13) hump day inspiration (3) I is for (9) injury (28) inspiration (4) instagram (3) J is for (10) K is for (9) kindness (3) l is for (8) letters to myself (1) link-up (1) local sugar (1) loss (1) low iodine diet (1) M is for (7) mapmyfun (1) marathon (10) marathon training (30) May Challenge (1) mothers day (5) N is for (6) negative splits (2) new year (2) numbers (1) O is for (5) overnight oats (1) overpronation (2) P is for (4) patience (1) Pear Blossom Run (8) pelvic stress fracture (28) Picture Perfect Friday (1) Pinterest (1) prayers needed (3) Q is for (3) R is for (2) race (13) racing (3) Random facts (1) recipes (2) rest (1) rest day (17) retirement (1) rowing (2) running (57) running club (2) runtastic (1) S is for (1) sciatica (3) spin class (4) sprint (4) strength train (6) Sunshine Award (1) surgery (2) swimming (1) T is for (1) thanksgiving (2) The China Study (1) time (1) tiny dictator (1) tragedy in CT (1) training (22) twitter (1) U is for (1) ultra-running (1) V is for (1) vegan (6) vlog (4) W is for (1) walk/run intervals (24) weddings (1) weight loss (5) working out (10) x y and z (1) YMCA (3)