Friday, August 9, 2013

80lbs Down!

I honestly don't know why the weight loss is working now as opposed to before.  The only thing I can think of is I have changed the way I think.  I have become a determined individual, and not only that but someone who needs to see what life is like as a healthy fit and happy person.  I feel great and love the life I can now live.

It's been awhile since I've been on, life has been busy.  My 16yr old son got a job and it's been an involved process, I am a proud mama for sure. He has a four hour orientation tomorrow a few towns away and since driving for that long in the car hurts me, his father is going to drive him.  While he is there the hubs and my 17yr old son will go to the in-laws and play cards while they wait.  I will stay home and if I'm lucky and the smoke lifts I'll get a long run in outside.  If the smoke doesn't life I'll go to the gym and get my run in there...ugh!  

In other news...The sciatica is still here but not quite as bad...I still cannot sit for long without significant pain but it's all good.  The acupuncture helped a lot with some of the other symptoms of the sciatica so it's all good.  I'm done with acupuncture for now, but may try it again in the future if need be.  

My workouts the last week or so...

July 29th
  • Arc Trainer 30 minutes (3 miles)
  • Weights 15 minutes

July 30th
  • AMT Trainer 21 minutes (2 miles)
  • Weights 15 minutes

July 31
  • Ran 57 minutes on Dreadmill (4.3 miles run/walk)

August 1
  • Rest day

August 2
  • AMT 23 minutes (2.3 miles)
  • Ran 35 minutes on Dreadmill (3 miles run/walk)
  • Cleaning Susan's House 120 minutes
August 3 
  • Rest day...Niece got married!

August 4
  • AMT 51 minutes (5.3 miles)
  • Weights 14 minutes

August 5
  • AMT 41 minutes (5 miles)

August 6
  • Rest day

August 7
  • AMT 20 minutes (2 miles)
  • Ran 47 minutes on Dreadmill (4.04 miles run/walk)

August 8
  • Ran 47 minutes outside! (4.1 miles)

Current obsessions...
  • Catching up on all my favorite TV shows (On Demand)
  • Onion bagels
  • Yogurt with Cheerios
  • Soaking up Vitamin D (The sun when it appears through smoke)
  • Reading "Collapse" and "Under The Dome" on my Kindle Touch
  • Beyonce' Heat Rush Shimmering Body Spray Mist
  • Brazilian keratin therapy Flat Iron Spray
  • Spritz Cookies 
Clearly I've been enjoying my summer...it has been such a great relaxing and semi-peaceful summer thus far. How about y'all?  What has your summer been like and what are your current obsessions?

Here's a cute picture of my fur baby Weenie girl with her makeup on (chalk)
 

Blessings and hugs!
 



"Limitations only exist if you let them"

Godspeed...this comes from the Middle English expression "God spede (you)", a wish for success and fortune for one setting out on an enterprise, voyage, adventure, or travels. It may also mean good luck.

 © 2013 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just hit a wall when it comes to weight loss. Glad your body plowed through.
    Hope the smoke clears for your run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Getting the engine started again isn't always easy. Rock on girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weight loss! That's an awesome feat :D So glad to hear that your pain has subsided a big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You say 80 pounds lost? Well done. I admire your determination. (Just reading your list of accomplishments wears me out completely.

    That 80 pounds is what I need to lose; perhaps a bit more. But, if I did, would I be a less substantial Bear?

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    desert.epiphanies@sasktel.net
    Bears Noting
    Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the weight loss. I am also fighting against sciatica.
    All the best my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on the 80 lbs lost!!! That's like an entire person's worth of weight!!! You are such an inspiration. I am struggling to try to lose 15 lbs so please share your secrets. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are making great progress! Congratulations ( : Love the way you refer to it as the "Dreadmill." I've back on mine for the last couple of weeks and the routine is making it easier. Your pup is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by...can't wait to hear all you've got to say! Blessings!

Labels

000 steps (1) 10 (1) 5k (19) A-Z Challenge (25) Acupuncture (1) AMT (1) B is for (17) Biceps Femoris injury (3) bike (1) biking (7) bloghopping (1) BMR (1) books (1) C is for (16) cancer (13) celebration (7) celebrity runners (1) checking in (23) chia (1) Christmas season (3) coastal getaway (2) cooking (1) cross train (28) current obsessions (1) D is for (15) dancing (2) days of giving thanks (10) death (1) drink (1) E is for (14) exercise (45) expresso bikes (7) F is for (13) facebook (1) family (34) fasting (1) FF linkup (3) fires (1) fitness (26) flower (1) food (13) friday blog hop (2) friends (29) G is for (13) gardening (4) goals (3) God (13) goodbyes (2) grief (1) gym time (5) H is for (11) healthy living (21) hot weather running (13) hump day inspiration (3) I is for (9) injury (28) inspiration (4) instagram (3) J is for (10) K is for (9) kindness (3) l is for (8) letters to myself (1) link-up (1) local sugar (1) loss (1) low iodine diet (1) M is for (7) mapmyfun (1) marathon (10) marathon training (30) May Challenge (1) mothers day (5) N is for (6) negative splits (2) new year (2) numbers (1) O is for (5) overnight oats (1) overpronation (2) P is for (4) patience (1) Pear Blossom Run (8) pelvic stress fracture (28) Picture Perfect Friday (1) Pinterest (1) prayers needed (3) Q is for (3) R is for (2) race (13) racing (3) Random facts (1) recipes (2) rest (1) rest day (17) retirement (1) rowing (2) running (57) running club (2) runtastic (1) S is for (1) sciatica (3) spin class (4) sprint (4) strength train (6) Sunshine Award (1) surgery (2) swimming (1) T is for (1) thanksgiving (2) The China Study (1) time (1) tiny dictator (1) tragedy in CT (1) training (22) twitter (1) U is for (1) ultra-running (1) V is for (1) vegan (6) vlog (4) W is for (1) walk/run intervals (24) weddings (1) weight loss (5) working out (10) x y and z (1) YMCA (3)