Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Country Wedding

 My brother got married yesterday in a little town called Fort Klamath. We spent the day traveling about 2 hours to get to this small quaint town (my daughters word) and about an hour greeting everyone and catching up with family members we don't see very often.  


My son Jesse and my brother John

The picture above is not a great one but the people in it are really all that matters.  In it are my youngest son Jesse and my brother posing for me. Unfortunately my brother is not smiling but he was a happy guy, believe me.  

I am not sure why I didn't get a picture of the bride and groom together, but I wasn't feeling the best and the sun seemed like it was thwarting my picture taking at every turn.

Here is one of my hubby and daughter clowning around, well my hubby is and my daughter is trying to behave for the picture.

Molly and Daddy
   

After arriving at the motel we caught up with my dad and his wife, saw my mama, and my Aunt and Uncle and we all stood around and visited.  Here is one of my 3 sons with my Uncle Fine (in the cowboy hat).

Jacob, Uncle Fine, George and Jesse
My three boys are growing up and impressing me more every day.  They are so much fun to be around and seem to have pretty good heads on those big shoulders. 

This next picture is one of my hubby, my dad, and my son Jesse.  

George (my hubby),  my Dad and Jesse
The wedding was held in a little country church that probably could only hold about 50 people.  The minister was an old-timer (think shepherd) with an old walking stick and bright eyes.  He wouldn't allow any pictures inside the church but I could have gotten some of the outside, darn it, I forgot.  After the short ceremony as we were leaving the church we all had to take our turns ringing the church bell with an old rope...wow, the whole thing was a very awesome experience.  

After this wonderful experience we all moved on to a wonderful outdoor boxed picnic.  Each guest was gifted a beautiful old file box all decorated up, and inside was a picnic lunch.  We enjoyed a chicken tortellini salad, a purple potato soup (my brother and his bride grew these in their garden), and humus with carrots, a dinner roll with honey and butter and some delicious chocolate cookies.  They also made every guest a home-made peach cobbler to die for.  

(Picnic in a box)
(wedding guests)

(outdoor wedding picnic)

(table decor)

(Molly with Daddy)
(honey from wedding)
Needless to say we all had a great time celebrating my brothers wedding day.  Unfortunately we had to miss out on the bigger celebration last night, so we could get home to our puppies, and I wasn't feeling all that hot...not to mention my kids are still battling their colds and we didn't have a reservation at the little old motel etc, etc...It was one of the best weddings I've attended, a very down to earth, country, simply beautiful wedding...

Godspeed...this comes from the Middle English expression "God spede (you)", a wish for success and fortune for one setting out on an enterprise, voyage, adventure, or travels. It may also mean good luck. "Limitations only exist if you let them" © 2012 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful time for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!


    I am really enjoying your blog!

    I’ve been nominated for Liebster Award and wanted to pay it forward by nominating your blog for one too!

    The Rules:
    1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
    2. Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
    3. Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
    4. Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post. Go to their page and tell them.
    5. No tag backs.

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by...can't wait to hear all you've got to say! Blessings!

Labels

000 steps (1) 10 (1) 5k (19) A-Z Challenge (25) Acupuncture (1) AMT (1) B is for (17) Biceps Femoris injury (3) bike (1) biking (7) bloghopping (1) BMR (1) books (1) C is for (16) cancer (13) celebration (7) celebrity runners (1) checking in (23) chia (1) Christmas season (3) coastal getaway (2) cooking (1) cross train (28) current obsessions (1) D is for (15) dancing (2) days of giving thanks (10) death (1) drink (1) E is for (14) exercise (45) expresso bikes (7) F is for (13) facebook (1) family (34) fasting (1) FF linkup (3) fires (1) fitness (26) flower (1) food (13) friday blog hop (2) friends (29) G is for (13) gardening (4) goals (3) God (13) goodbyes (2) grief (1) gym time (5) H is for (11) healthy living (21) hot weather running (13) hump day inspiration (3) I is for (9) injury (28) inspiration (4) instagram (3) J is for (10) K is for (9) kindness (3) l is for (8) letters to myself (1) link-up (1) local sugar (1) loss (1) low iodine diet (1) M is for (7) mapmyfun (1) marathon (10) marathon training (30) May Challenge (1) mothers day (5) N is for (6) negative splits (2) new year (2) numbers (1) O is for (5) overnight oats (1) overpronation (2) P is for (4) patience (1) Pear Blossom Run (8) pelvic stress fracture (28) Picture Perfect Friday (1) Pinterest (1) prayers needed (3) Q is for (3) R is for (2) race (13) racing (3) Random facts (1) recipes (2) rest (1) rest day (17) retirement (1) rowing (2) running (57) running club (2) runtastic (1) S is for (1) sciatica (3) spin class (4) sprint (4) strength train (6) Sunshine Award (1) surgery (2) swimming (1) T is for (1) thanksgiving (2) The China Study (1) time (1) tiny dictator (1) tragedy in CT (1) training (22) twitter (1) U is for (1) ultra-running (1) V is for (1) vegan (6) vlog (4) W is for (1) walk/run intervals (24) weddings (1) weight loss (5) working out (10) x y and z (1) YMCA (3)