Friday, October 5, 2012

Cycle Class...OMG My Legs Hurt

Okay so like I said yesterday I was going to go to yet another cycle class...Well, I did. 

(Me before the class started)
...OMG, I really thought my legs were gonna fall off right there in the middle of class.  Before class started I did a little warm up on the ARC trainer and I felt pretty good, so I went and got my bike all set up and started to spin, again that went pretty good.  Then the instructor showed up all perky and bouncy...I love that woman. I should have known then that I was in for a huge and painful workout.

Things were starting off relatively okay, until about 15-20 minutes into the class...my friend who usually goes with me quit and moved on to the stair-stepper...and about 30 minutes in another regular quit to go to his yoga class...that left just little ole me and the instructor to finish out the class. 

By then my legs were tired and achy and I was ready to quit myself but there was another 30 minutes left and I just hate quitting. So, of course, I stayed and powered through, and when the instructor asked me what I wanted to do next what did I say, "Sprints" of course...lol. (I could have slapped myself at that point) To sprint means to pedal as fast as you can for x amount of seconds...she had us go for a whole 60 seconds...OMG by the time we stopped that sprint I wanted to (slap her) die. 

(How I felt after sprint)
I made it through to the end and as you can see I didn't die but I wanted to. By the end of the night I had burned over 800 calories and even though I was exhausted, I felt accomplished.


(How I felt when I got home)
...And that my friends is all she wrote.  Blessings and hugs to everyone.

Godspeed...this comes from the Middle English expression "God spede (you)", a wish for success and fortune for one setting out on an enterprise, voyage, adventure, or travels. It may also mean good luck. 

"Limitations only exist if you let them" 

© 2012 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.

8 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. I mean that in a way that you truly understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I know what you mean...you will heal and be back at it in no time...as long as you behave yourself..missy!

      Delete
  2. I love Spin and if you can get past the I am going to die part, you are right you feel so accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried spin, but it sounds like a great workout! Way to make it through the class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are working hard, I cannot wait for reading your next race report.
    Great photo of a beautiful dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS on making it through your spin class!!! WAY TO PUSH THROUGH!!! You have incredible perseverance and you are such an inspiration!!! Plus, it'll just keep getting easier for you with every successive spin class now. WOO HOO!!!

    I tried a spin class once many years ago, and I was in pain for DAYS afterwards. It hurt so bad that I'll personally probably never do spin again. =D

    Love the picture of the dog in its little crib, so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by...can't wait to hear all you've got to say! Blessings!

Labels

000 steps (1) 10 (1) 5k (19) A-Z Challenge (25) Acupuncture (1) AMT (1) B is for (17) Biceps Femoris injury (3) bike (1) biking (7) bloghopping (1) BMR (1) books (1) C is for (16) cancer (13) celebration (7) celebrity runners (1) checking in (23) chia (1) Christmas season (3) coastal getaway (2) cooking (1) cross train (28) current obsessions (1) D is for (15) dancing (2) days of giving thanks (10) death (1) drink (1) E is for (14) exercise (45) expresso bikes (7) F is for (13) facebook (1) family (34) fasting (1) FF linkup (3) fires (1) fitness (26) flower (1) food (13) friday blog hop (2) friends (29) G is for (13) gardening (4) goals (3) God (13) goodbyes (2) grief (1) gym time (5) H is for (11) healthy living (21) hot weather running (13) hump day inspiration (3) I is for (9) injury (28) inspiration (4) instagram (3) J is for (10) K is for (9) kindness (3) l is for (8) letters to myself (1) link-up (1) local sugar (1) loss (1) low iodine diet (1) M is for (7) mapmyfun (1) marathon (10) marathon training (30) May Challenge (1) mothers day (5) N is for (6) negative splits (2) new year (2) numbers (1) O is for (5) overnight oats (1) overpronation (2) P is for (4) patience (1) Pear Blossom Run (8) pelvic stress fracture (28) Picture Perfect Friday (1) Pinterest (1) prayers needed (3) Q is for (3) R is for (2) race (13) racing (3) Random facts (1) recipes (2) rest (1) rest day (17) retirement (1) rowing (2) running (57) running club (2) runtastic (1) S is for (1) sciatica (3) spin class (4) sprint (4) strength train (6) Sunshine Award (1) surgery (2) swimming (1) T is for (1) thanksgiving (2) The China Study (1) time (1) tiny dictator (1) tragedy in CT (1) training (22) twitter (1) U is for (1) ultra-running (1) V is for (1) vegan (6) vlog (4) W is for (1) walk/run intervals (24) weddings (1) weight loss (5) working out (10) x y and z (1) YMCA (3)