Thursday, October 4, 2012

My Week In Review...So Far


 Good morning y'all.  This week has been a great one...so far.  I have been working out most every day doing cycle/spin class with my workout buddy, ARC training, jogging on my mini-trampoline and resistance bands.  

Monday 
*Jogging in place-31 minutes for 311 calories

Tuesday
*ARC Trainer-28 minutes Cycle 35 minutes=total 760 calories

Wednesday
*Cycle/Spin Class 75 minutes for 943 calories

Thursday
*Resistance bands 20 minutes for 112 calories

I will be doing yet another spin class tonight with my friend.  Does anyone else love cycle/spin class, or is it just me? It's a great workout.  

Anyhoo, lately I have been having issues with body image distortion...anyone, anyone?  Ha, ha it's okay to laugh but seriously...I work out most days of the week, hard..yet I, personally, can't really see what it is doing.  I feel great, people say I look great, but I cannot for the life of me see it.   I think it has to do with my age (I will be 42 in a few short months) and the fact that I am still not running...it seems like since the injury in May any little weight (water prob) ends up in my midsection...ugh! 

I am going to assume that this is age related...ha ha ha, and also due to a couple other facts.

Fact 1- I don't drink enough water. (I'm changing that)
Fact 2- I love food, and not necessarily the good stuff.
*End of Rant*


Alrighty then, these adorable little pots are lip gloss that my daughter and I made this past weekend.  What a fun project...now if I could sell them I'd be a happy girl. I have been thinking of making some home made beauty projects but can't seem to get really motivated.  Any suggestions? I think part of my hesitation is fear based.  Fear that no one will want to buy my products.  I am also going to make some cracked marble necklaces that I will be trying to sell, and I think I will probably have more luck with that endeavor. Here is a picture of what they look like.


(Not my website, just an image off Google)

I am a pretty crafty person, and I have made a lot of awesome items, I just really haven't been motivated to try to sell any.  I am going to do my best to get out there and put my items on display...maybe I'll try Ebay or Craigslist. If any of y'all are interested just let me know, I'll take custom orders...but please don't feel obligated, I'll love ya no matter what.

Please have a safe and fun weekend.  Let me know how your doing and what you've been up to. Blessings and hugs!

Godspeed...this comes from the Middle English expression "God spede (you)", a wish for success and fortune for one setting out on an enterprise, voyage, adventure, or travels. It may also mean good luck. 

"Limitations only exist if you let them" 

© 2012 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.

7 comments:

  1. I'm probably the most guilty person in the world on the water thing. I only drink water before, after, or during a run. Any normal day and I'm guzzling buckets of tea, soda, and beer. The beer is also often before, during, and after runs. I'm not a role model...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, too funny girl...i don't like water but if I drink it with a straw I drink more of it...

      Delete
  2. I LOVE spinning class!! Best workout ever (besides running of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must drink more water and less Pepsi, my fault!
    Glad for your great week. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a beautiful woman, inside and out. Remember that always!!!

    I am not great about drinking water, either. I get so distracted with other things that I don't even think about it. Then before I know it, it's the end of the day and I've only had maybe a glass or two of water. Not good, sigh, and something for me to work on, too. And we won't even get into the food cravings that I have, LOL.

    The jewelry and cosmetics are FABULOUS!!! When you are ready to try selling them, I know they will fly off the shelves!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by...can't wait to hear all you've got to say! Blessings!

Labels

000 steps (1) 10 (1) 5k (19) A-Z Challenge (25) Acupuncture (1) AMT (1) B is for (17) Biceps Femoris injury (3) bike (1) biking (7) bloghopping (1) BMR (1) books (1) C is for (16) cancer (13) celebration (7) celebrity runners (1) checking in (23) chia (1) Christmas season (3) coastal getaway (2) cooking (1) cross train (28) current obsessions (1) D is for (15) dancing (2) days of giving thanks (10) death (1) drink (1) E is for (14) exercise (45) expresso bikes (7) F is for (13) facebook (1) family (34) fasting (1) FF linkup (3) fires (1) fitness (26) flower (1) food (13) friday blog hop (2) friends (29) G is for (13) gardening (4) goals (3) God (13) goodbyes (2) grief (1) gym time (5) H is for (11) healthy living (21) hot weather running (13) hump day inspiration (3) I is for (9) injury (28) inspiration (4) instagram (3) J is for (10) K is for (9) kindness (3) l is for (8) letters to myself (1) link-up (1) local sugar (1) loss (1) low iodine diet (1) M is for (7) mapmyfun (1) marathon (10) marathon training (30) May Challenge (1) mothers day (5) N is for (6) negative splits (2) new year (2) numbers (1) O is for (5) overnight oats (1) overpronation (2) P is for (4) patience (1) Pear Blossom Run (8) pelvic stress fracture (28) Picture Perfect Friday (1) Pinterest (1) prayers needed (3) Q is for (3) R is for (2) race (13) racing (3) Random facts (1) recipes (2) rest (1) rest day (17) retirement (1) rowing (2) running (57) running club (2) runtastic (1) S is for (1) sciatica (3) spin class (4) sprint (4) strength train (6) Sunshine Award (1) surgery (2) swimming (1) T is for (1) thanksgiving (2) The China Study (1) time (1) tiny dictator (1) tragedy in CT (1) training (22) twitter (1) U is for (1) ultra-running (1) V is for (1) vegan (6) vlog (4) W is for (1) walk/run intervals (24) weddings (1) weight loss (5) working out (10) x y and z (1) YMCA (3)