Saturday, October 13, 2012

ARC Trainer From Hell...giggle, giggle, giggle

Wow, this week has been brutal...now let me tell you why!


Firstly, Monday came calling, or should I say screaming into view and I was not ready for it at all.  I had not been feeling very well since the previous Friday...so let's just say...I didn't work out for 4 days....oh my goodness.


Next came Tuesday and I was feeling well enough to take a brisk 90 minute walk for a total of 430 calories...woohoo! I was finally feeling better.

Here comes Wednesday...Happy Hump Day and all that jazz.  I hopped on the ole' ARC trainer for 15 minutes for a whooping 150 calories and then the dreaded but loved spin bike for 60 minutes for 754 calories and my total burned for this day was...drum roll please......904 calories total. Thank you very much. I need a snow-cone now!

(Taste the rainbow)
Oh Thursday, how I love thee...let me count the calories..or um, something like that! Another very brisk walk for 114 minutes for a total of 717 calories burned.  Whew!

Yes, yes, yes It's Friday...TGIF, am I right? I thought so.  Well I took it off due to me not feeling the best, again...bummer.  It was still a nice day.  Spent some time outside enjoying the breeze and the smell of Fall...love my life.  Ran my son out to school so he could help set up for the Home coming dance...he is in the F.B.L.A. and was earning money to go on a 3 day 2 night business trip.  (Future Business Leaders of America--FBLA)...he is looking to get scholarships from this class, and his school has won State for 11yrs consecutively...he is very excited to be in this class.

My son Jesse FBLA
Saturday is here...love the weekend! I woke up and ran my son back to the high school so he could finish up home coming stuff, then I went to the YMCA and got my workout on...ARC trainer for 1 hour, devoted to hills only for a total of 742 calories...wow, that was one beast of a workout...wore my Survivor shirt...made me feel like a bad ass...lol, even though I'm not really, (my kids think I am)...but I am a Survivor and it makes me feel strong when I wear it, after all I did earn it!


Enjoy the rest of this beautiful weekend my friends. Oh and it did rain last night, finally...we got some much needed precipitation in, I don't know how long!

Blessings and hugs from this ♥warrior princess♥ to all of you!

Godspeed...this comes from the Middle English expression "God spede (you)", a wish for success and fortune for one setting out on an enterprise, voyage, adventure, or travels. It may also mean good luck.

 "Limitations only exist if you let them" 

© 2012 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. You're doing a lot better than I am in your fitness plan. Increasingly, I spend the day in pain, which saps both my energy and my enthusiasm.

    Congratulations on your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for all of your great workouts! I love the smell of fall, too, and I always feel better when I get outside and enjoy some fresh fall air. The picture of the cat with the rainbow snow cone is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by...can't wait to hear all you've got to say! Blessings!

Labels

000 steps (1) 10 (1) 5k (19) A-Z Challenge (25) Acupuncture (1) AMT (1) B is for (17) Biceps Femoris injury (3) bike (1) biking (7) bloghopping (1) BMR (1) books (1) C is for (16) cancer (13) celebration (7) celebrity runners (1) checking in (23) chia (1) Christmas season (3) coastal getaway (2) cooking (1) cross train (28) current obsessions (1) D is for (15) dancing (2) days of giving thanks (10) death (1) drink (1) E is for (14) exercise (45) expresso bikes (7) F is for (13) facebook (1) family (34) fasting (1) FF linkup (3) fires (1) fitness (26) flower (1) food (13) friday blog hop (2) friends (29) G is for (13) gardening (4) goals (3) God (13) goodbyes (2) grief (1) gym time (5) H is for (11) healthy living (21) hot weather running (13) hump day inspiration (3) I is for (9) injury (28) inspiration (4) instagram (3) J is for (10) K is for (9) kindness (3) l is for (8) letters to myself (1) link-up (1) local sugar (1) loss (1) low iodine diet (1) M is for (7) mapmyfun (1) marathon (10) marathon training (30) May Challenge (1) mothers day (5) N is for (6) negative splits (2) new year (2) numbers (1) O is for (5) overnight oats (1) overpronation (2) P is for (4) patience (1) Pear Blossom Run (8) pelvic stress fracture (28) Picture Perfect Friday (1) Pinterest (1) prayers needed (3) Q is for (3) R is for (2) race (13) racing (3) Random facts (1) recipes (2) rest (1) rest day (17) retirement (1) rowing (2) running (57) running club (2) runtastic (1) S is for (1) sciatica (3) spin class (4) sprint (4) strength train (6) Sunshine Award (1) surgery (2) swimming (1) T is for (1) thanksgiving (2) The China Study (1) time (1) tiny dictator (1) tragedy in CT (1) training (22) twitter (1) U is for (1) ultra-running (1) V is for (1) vegan (6) vlog (4) W is for (1) walk/run intervals (24) weddings (1) weight loss (5) working out (10) x y and z (1) YMCA (3)