Monday, March 18, 2013

Calf Compression Sleeves & The A-Z Challenge 2013

First things first, I bought a pair of compression calf sleeves and what a difference they made! I ran without pain the other day for approximately 6.5 miles...woohoo! I am going to be using them on all my longer runs for sure and even the shorter runs until my shins are 100% better. I feel more confident about running The Pear Blossom Run now than I did before I bought the sleeves. I may not run faster but I will run without pain, and to me, that's a good thing. Okay now onto The A-Z Challenge...

For those of you who have never heard of the A-Z challenge, let me tell you all about it. This challenge is put on every year by Arlee Bird over at Tossing It Out (It started in 2010) and the idea is to blog every day (except Sundays) and to do it Thematically/Alphabetically.  Every day you blog (starting with the letter A on April 1st) according to what letter of the alphabet you are on. It's a blast! (I will still be posting on my running and life in general)


So for example starting April 1st we will blog starting with the letter A.  April 2nd we will blog starting with the letter B, and so on. We will blog every day except Sunday.  You can write all the posts and schedule them ahead of time or you can write every day.  You can have a theme or just wing it. You can even post a recipe or poem.  This year I have my A-Z words picked out already and will pre-schedule some...others I will write the day of.  This challenge is a fun and informative way to get to know other bloggers in the blogosphere. Feel free to join us or not...just go over to The A-Z Challenge blog and follow the directions. Hope to see ya there. Please do not feel obligated to join in, but do come and visit as usual. I will miss you if you don't. Blessings and hugs.

Godspeed...this comes from the Middle English expression "God spede (you)", a wish for success and fortune for one setting out on an enterprise, voyage, adventure, or travels. It may also mean good luck.

 "Limitations only exist if you let them"

© 2013 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.

25 comments:

  1. Glad you're on board for the Challenge. That's where we met three years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was Alex, my how time flies when your having fun!

      Delete
  2. Hello! This is Michelle...you just visited my blog recently (http://ardourofadreamer.blogspot.com/) Thank you for the comment and follow!

    Your blog is beautiful! I love it :)

    I am going to do some digging around in the blog world concerning the A-Z Challenge this year...It will be my first time participating and I am excited but very nervous. I guess I'm overly concerned with whatever "do's and don'ts" there are for the challenge so if you have any recommendations for what to read concerning this upcoming challenge, I'd appreciate it!

    Thanks again!

    -Your new follower, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, thanks so very much...I can't wait to see what everyone has to say in this years challenge!

      Delete
  3. I love my compression socks too! Glad they're working for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ali, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you found the compression sleeves to help with your calf pain! I have compression socks that I wear after a long run, but I've never worn them on a run.

    The A-Z challenge .... sounds like a challenge! I'm excited to read your alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jina, I love how they make my legs feel...I have some compression (soccer) socks that I wear and they are awesome!

      Delete
  5. Strange - I was contemplating compression socks last week. It is good to know they helped. I was thinking of them as my feet become swollen when I sit for a lot time and hurt - and someone suggested these.

    I am in love with your blog background.

    And yes, I am super excited about the A to Z Challenge!

    P.S.: Couldn't help noticing that all the commenters except Alex have the second name March. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vidya, The last name March is actually only the month...only Alex uses His full name, but it does look like that is their last name, I never caught that before...and I love my compression socks/sleeves for running...and the socks are great to wear around the house, they make my legs feel so happy! Can't wait to read everyone's A-Z posts.

      Delete
  6. That's a really awesome idea! I will give it try sometime! Glad you found something to help with your pain! Looking forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could do the A-Z thing, but not every day. I think I'm at a pace to run through the alphabet about every 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you could do it! lol that is funny bud...blessings and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I have the compression socks too but I seldom use them even if they are very useful. Glad that you feel better.
    AZ is a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my compression sleeves! It feels so odd not to run without them now. I'm following you! Thank you again for stopping by my 'place'!
    -Celia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm totally in love with my compression sleeves and socks! I don't know why I didn't buy them sooner than I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! love mine and wish I had them sooner

      Delete
  11. Good luck on the A-to-Z Challenge, I'm entered too, and I will be checking back to see your posts. I also nominated you for a Liebster Award, I hope you will do likewise for others. :)

    Nick Ortega http://sharperthanatwoedgedsword.wordpress.com/2013/03/31/passing-on-some-liebster-award-lovin/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This blog is providing greater information related to the calf compression sleeve I like this information and I want to buy this calf compression sleeve if you know about the any online site from where I can buy this calf compression sleeve then please tell me......

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also want to brought a pair of calf compression sleeve for mom and if you are having any information related to the online site from where I can get good verity of the calf compression then plz tell me about this.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by...can't wait to hear all you've got to say! Blessings!

Labels

000 steps (1) 10 (1) 5k (19) A-Z Challenge (25) Acupuncture (1) AMT (1) B is for (17) Biceps Femoris injury (3) bike (1) biking (7) bloghopping (1) BMR (1) books (1) C is for (16) cancer (13) celebration (7) celebrity runners (1) checking in (23) chia (1) Christmas season (3) coastal getaway (2) cooking (1) cross train (28) current obsessions (1) D is for (15) dancing (2) days of giving thanks (10) death (1) drink (1) E is for (14) exercise (45) expresso bikes (7) F is for (13) facebook (1) family (34) fasting (1) FF linkup (3) fires (1) fitness (26) flower (1) food (13) friday blog hop (2) friends (29) G is for (13) gardening (4) goals (3) God (13) goodbyes (2) grief (1) gym time (5) H is for (11) healthy living (21) hot weather running (13) hump day inspiration (3) I is for (9) injury (28) inspiration (4) instagram (3) J is for (10) K is for (9) kindness (3) l is for (8) letters to myself (1) link-up (1) local sugar (1) loss (1) low iodine diet (1) M is for (7) mapmyfun (1) marathon (10) marathon training (30) May Challenge (1) mothers day (5) N is for (6) negative splits (2) new year (2) numbers (1) O is for (5) overnight oats (1) overpronation (2) P is for (4) patience (1) Pear Blossom Run (8) pelvic stress fracture (28) Picture Perfect Friday (1) Pinterest (1) prayers needed (3) Q is for (3) R is for (2) race (13) racing (3) Random facts (1) recipes (2) rest (1) rest day (17) retirement (1) rowing (2) running (57) running club (2) runtastic (1) S is for (1) sciatica (3) spin class (4) sprint (4) strength train (6) Sunshine Award (1) surgery (2) swimming (1) T is for (1) thanksgiving (2) The China Study (1) time (1) tiny dictator (1) tragedy in CT (1) training (22) twitter (1) U is for (1) ultra-running (1) V is for (1) vegan (6) vlog (4) W is for (1) walk/run intervals (24) weddings (1) weight loss (5) working out (10) x y and z (1) YMCA (3)