Monday, March 25, 2013

Happy Monday!


May your Monday be filled to the brim and overflowing with love.

As I sit here grumbling because I have to stay still and do nothing (compressing, icing and elevating leg), I realize that I am a blessed woman.  God has provided me with what I need, some of what I want but most of all with love.  I am surrounded by love...

I have been babying my left leg, as much as I can stand to anyway, by icing it, using compression wraps and elevating it.  Of course we won't go into how I walked 10 miles yesterday in 1 hour and 50 minutes and 29 seconds...we will just leave that in the past.  I was walking, not running so I was behaving-ish! (Yes, I realize that is not a word, I just made it up) I have a knot in my lateral hamstring tendon that is a bit sore but not too bad.  All in all I cannot really complain, as I know there are others who are much worse off. I will heal...God is good, All the time and All the time, God is good!


  1. Saturday-Arc Trainer 20 minutes. Bike trainer 20 minutes for a total calorie burn of approx. 400 calories.
  2. Sunday-Walked 10 miles for 110.5 minutes for a total calorie burn of 539 calories or so.
  3. Monday-Rest Day & R.I.C.E. 

Have a blessed day!

Godspeed...this comes from the Middle English expression "God spede (you)", a wish for success and fortune for one setting out on an enterprise, voyage, adventure, or travels. It may also mean good luck. 

 "Limitations only exist if you let them" 

© 2013 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.

20 comments:

  1. That's right - God is good all the time and praise Him in all things. He is the great Healer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will use that behaving-ish word in a few sentences this week now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I started a word revolution...lol! Thanks bud for stopping by! Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for coming by...blessings!

      Delete
  4. You WALKED 10 miles in an hour and 50 minutes? Do you realize that I RAN 10 miles this past weekend and it took me an hour and 53 minutes?!?!?!? You are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make sure if it doesn't go away in a week, see a physician to determine it's not a torn muscle or a stress fracture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, I will and thanks so much for coming by, blessings!

      Delete
  6. Indeed God is good and we can see evidence of His goodness all around us. Hope that leg gets to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Wanda...The evidence is astounding!

      Delete
  7. Shannon, it's so true how blessed we are when take the time and realize it. Thanks for sharing this post.

    Erin
    Astorybooklife.us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin so much for stopping by, blessings!

      Delete
  8. What a great perspective! You are right- we are blessed in so many ways. But I am so sorry that you're injured... hope it's 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello. Cramp in your leg, you say? Knot a good thing.

    I've just made it out of hibernation. I think if I walked ten feet in 110.5 minutes I would be doing well.

    Blessings and Bear hugs. I'll be back, Shannon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, so glad to see you! Glad you are coming out into the sunshine!

      Delete
  10. Hope you heal soon and are back to running again!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by...can't wait to hear all you've got to say! Blessings!

Labels

000 steps (1) 10 (1) 5k (19) A-Z Challenge (25) Acupuncture (1) AMT (1) B is for (17) Biceps Femoris injury (3) bike (1) biking (7) bloghopping (1) BMR (1) books (1) C is for (16) cancer (13) celebration (7) celebrity runners (1) checking in (23) chia (1) Christmas season (3) coastal getaway (2) cooking (1) cross train (28) current obsessions (1) D is for (15) dancing (2) days of giving thanks (10) death (1) drink (1) E is for (14) exercise (45) expresso bikes (7) F is for (13) facebook (1) family (34) fasting (1) FF linkup (3) fires (1) fitness (26) flower (1) food (13) friday blog hop (2) friends (29) G is for (13) gardening (4) goals (3) God (13) goodbyes (2) grief (1) gym time (5) H is for (11) healthy living (21) hot weather running (13) hump day inspiration (3) I is for (9) injury (28) inspiration (4) instagram (3) J is for (10) K is for (9) kindness (3) l is for (8) letters to myself (1) link-up (1) local sugar (1) loss (1) low iodine diet (1) M is for (7) mapmyfun (1) marathon (10) marathon training (30) May Challenge (1) mothers day (5) N is for (6) negative splits (2) new year (2) numbers (1) O is for (5) overnight oats (1) overpronation (2) P is for (4) patience (1) Pear Blossom Run (8) pelvic stress fracture (28) Picture Perfect Friday (1) Pinterest (1) prayers needed (3) Q is for (3) R is for (2) race (13) racing (3) Random facts (1) recipes (2) rest (1) rest day (17) retirement (1) rowing (2) running (57) running club (2) runtastic (1) S is for (1) sciatica (3) spin class (4) sprint (4) strength train (6) Sunshine Award (1) surgery (2) swimming (1) T is for (1) thanksgiving (2) The China Study (1) time (1) tiny dictator (1) tragedy in CT (1) training (22) twitter (1) U is for (1) ultra-running (1) V is for (1) vegan (6) vlog (4) W is for (1) walk/run intervals (24) weddings (1) weight loss (5) working out (10) x y and z (1) YMCA (3)