Thursday, March 28, 2013

Family Time At The YMCA

Thursday's gym time...

Arc trainer 16 minutes
Bike trainer 10 minutes
Total calories burned...310

My hubby asked to go to the YMCA with me and then told all the kids to get ready to go workout. This is pretty shocking, since my husband does not like to work out, at all, on the machines due to the fact that he is a big guy! 

I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. I have wanted my husband to work out with me for a long time.  Last summer when I was recovering from my pelvic stress fracture we spent a lot of time together in the YMCA pool and had a blast as a family.  I am hoping that he continues to have this desire to go to the gym with me, lose some weight and get healthier.  He stayed on the bike for a whole 20 minutes today.  (last night he even asked me to go for a short walk with him)

On another note...Completely off topic

I spent some time at my Oral Surgeons office today talking about my surgery that is coming up next month.  I have bad teeth due to genetics and cancer treatment so I am having 4 upper teeth and 1 broken bottom tooth extracted.  I will also have an upper cast partial put in place at the same time.  I only have about 24 teeth total due to having several teeth extracted about 13 years ago (4 of them were wisdom teeth) which means I will only have 19 of my own teeth after this surgery. 

I have been unlucky in the dental department. The upper partial will replace the teeth I've had extracted and am having extracted.  I will have chewing teeth again.  Please pray that everything goes well and that there are no complications, as two of my teeth have roots very close to my sinus cavity.

Have a great day and weekend everyone, blessings and hugs.

P.S. Yay, my lateral hamstring tendon is feeling much better and I should be able to try running again soon. 

Godspeed...this comes from the Middle English expression "God spede (you)", a wish for success and fortune for one setting out on an enterprise, voyage, adventure, or travels. It may also mean good luck. 

"Limitations only exist if you let them" 

 © 2013 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.

5 comments:

  1. As one of the A to Z Challenge Co-Hosts, I'm just dropping by all the blogs entered to make sure I'm following. Nice to meet you, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the YMCAs and I wish there's one nearby my home. YMCA fitness centers are different from the usual gyms in that I think YMCAs, in general, still maintain a family friendly environment, and I like that very much.

    Good progress for your hubby and good luck to your dental surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love working out with my hubby and baby girl too - those are my favourite! Thanks so much for the blog follow - following you right back. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the dental surgery.
    Glad you are working out with your hubby. I would like to swim and run with my wife but she is always busy with her job, the family and the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shannon!

    Sorry to hear about your dental probelms, but I'm glad your husband is getting more active!

    Are you doing the A to Z challenge? You're on the list after me but there's no new post today. Shoot me a line and let me know, I'll come back and share comment love!

    TTFN,
    Bev
    http://bev-thebevelededge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by...can't wait to hear all you've got to say! Blessings!

Labels

000 steps (1) 10 (1) 5k (19) A-Z Challenge (25) Acupuncture (1) AMT (1) B is for (17) Biceps Femoris injury (3) bike (1) biking (7) bloghopping (1) BMR (1) books (1) C is for (16) cancer (13) celebration (7) celebrity runners (1) checking in (23) chia (1) Christmas season (3) coastal getaway (2) cooking (1) cross train (28) current obsessions (1) D is for (15) dancing (2) days of giving thanks (10) death (1) drink (1) E is for (14) exercise (45) expresso bikes (7) F is for (13) facebook (1) family (34) fasting (1) FF linkup (3) fires (1) fitness (26) flower (1) food (13) friday blog hop (2) friends (29) G is for (13) gardening (4) goals (3) God (13) goodbyes (2) grief (1) gym time (5) H is for (11) healthy living (21) hot weather running (13) hump day inspiration (3) I is for (9) injury (28) inspiration (4) instagram (3) J is for (10) K is for (9) kindness (3) l is for (8) letters to myself (1) link-up (1) local sugar (1) loss (1) low iodine diet (1) M is for (7) mapmyfun (1) marathon (10) marathon training (30) May Challenge (1) mothers day (5) N is for (6) negative splits (2) new year (2) numbers (1) O is for (5) overnight oats (1) overpronation (2) P is for (4) patience (1) Pear Blossom Run (8) pelvic stress fracture (28) Picture Perfect Friday (1) Pinterest (1) prayers needed (3) Q is for (3) R is for (2) race (13) racing (3) Random facts (1) recipes (2) rest (1) rest day (17) retirement (1) rowing (2) running (57) running club (2) runtastic (1) S is for (1) sciatica (3) spin class (4) sprint (4) strength train (6) Sunshine Award (1) surgery (2) swimming (1) T is for (1) thanksgiving (2) The China Study (1) time (1) tiny dictator (1) tragedy in CT (1) training (22) twitter (1) U is for (1) ultra-running (1) V is for (1) vegan (6) vlog (4) W is for (1) walk/run intervals (24) weddings (1) weight loss (5) working out (10) x y and z (1) YMCA (3)