Thursday, March 21, 2013

Prayer, My New Car And C25K Training

First things first, if you could take a moment and pray for a friend who is having a tumor removed from her brain, I would appreciate it very much.  She is a wife and mother now but at 18 went through a horrible life changing, memory erasing accident when she was hit by a semi-truck...it impaired her memory and motor skills for a long while...she recovered, got some memories back, grew up, got married, and had babies.  A month or so ago she was driving and had a seizure and was in a car accident, at the ER they found a large brain tumor.  She is in surgery now, it will take most of the day according to the surgeon.  I know this is out of the ordinary, but I would just ask, if you pray, please take a moment to do so! God is The Great Physician and He can and does work miracles. 

Okay...next, but SERIOUSLY down on the scale of importance is...I got my new car yesterday! Here is what she looks like...(Yes I said she) Her name is Poison Ivy!


Moving on...
 
I have been training for a 5k in April...my first race since the pelvic stress fracture...and we are in week 6 out of 9 and doing well.  The running is getting progressively longer and the walking times much shorter, I don't think I will make or beat my PR but I'm going to try with all I have in me.  The compression sleeves seem to be doing a great job..my new shoes are awesome and feel as if they are already broke in...I think things are looking up.  Although I have been having some nagging IT band issues..nothing big just irritating. I am hoping nothing more comes of it!

Have a great day and thanks in advance for your prayers. Blessings and hugs!

Godspeed...this comes from the Middle English expression "God spede (you)", a wish for success and fortune for one setting out on an enterprise, voyage, adventure, or travels. It may also mean good luck. 

 "Limitations only exist if you let them" 

© 2013 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.

19 comments:

  1. My prayers and my thoughts are with your friend.
    Beautiful car and I like the name "poison".
    Good luck for your 5 km in April. I will also enter a (no competitive) race in april.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are doing well, thanks so much for stopping by good luck in your race my friend!

      Delete
  2. Poison Ivy fits!
    What's your friend's name? I will pray for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her name is Micah...and thanks I think the name fits the car as well...

      Delete
  3. Sorry about your friend. Cute car. Good luck with the rest of your 5k training.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending good thoughts to your friend! What an awesome new car!!!!! I hope your run is just as awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much sweetie...I love the car as well...it is a blast to drive, it's very zippy

      Delete
  5. Prayers going up for your friend! Love the new car!!! And her name! Congrats on the couch to 5K progress! That's an amazing program! I used it when I first started running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy, thanks so much...I have done other 5k's but I'm coming back from an injury so taking it easy!

      Delete
  6. Praying for your friend and wishing you every success with your 5K

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on the new car! So happy I found your blog. luv @runningbloggers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline...so glad to have found yours as well..running bloggers rocks

      Delete
  8. Hi Shannon! I hope and pray your friend is recovering well.

    What a lovely car you have. I'm sure you're quite excited about it. Nice color. Oh and I wish you the best on your next run. Thanks for dropping by my site. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there Aileen...so great to meet you! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Is that a Mazda 2 model? I love that shade of green! Hatchback cars are my thing, and seeing one makes me giddy! Haha! I wish I had the money to buy a new car because I've been wanting to buy the new 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback already. Congrats on your new car! Drive safely! :) Enoch Ross

    ReplyDelete
  10. March is definitely one busy month for you. There's a lot of things going on with your life. I guess your new car serves to be your reward from being a strong person that you are and a good friend. Anyhow, your car looks lovely and its name suits her well. #Ashely @ Infinitiofannarbor.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the car. And the color is perfect. I like my car to show my personality so I like when other people go for the fun colors too. I have had so many different color cars. I have had a few different shades of green and yellow and then I tried a few different designs with stripes and stuff.

    Jacob @ Bestway Autos

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by...can't wait to hear all you've got to say! Blessings!

Labels

000 steps (1) 10 (1) 5k (19) A-Z Challenge (25) Acupuncture (1) AMT (1) B is for (17) Biceps Femoris injury (3) bike (1) biking (7) bloghopping (1) BMR (1) books (1) C is for (16) cancer (13) celebration (7) celebrity runners (1) checking in (23) chia (1) Christmas season (3) coastal getaway (2) cooking (1) cross train (28) current obsessions (1) D is for (15) dancing (2) days of giving thanks (10) death (1) drink (1) E is for (14) exercise (45) expresso bikes (7) F is for (13) facebook (1) family (34) fasting (1) FF linkup (3) fires (1) fitness (26) flower (1) food (13) friday blog hop (2) friends (29) G is for (13) gardening (4) goals (3) God (13) goodbyes (2) grief (1) gym time (5) H is for (11) healthy living (21) hot weather running (13) hump day inspiration (3) I is for (9) injury (28) inspiration (4) instagram (3) J is for (10) K is for (9) kindness (3) l is for (8) letters to myself (1) link-up (1) local sugar (1) loss (1) low iodine diet (1) M is for (7) mapmyfun (1) marathon (10) marathon training (30) May Challenge (1) mothers day (5) N is for (6) negative splits (2) new year (2) numbers (1) O is for (5) overnight oats (1) overpronation (2) P is for (4) patience (1) Pear Blossom Run (8) pelvic stress fracture (28) Picture Perfect Friday (1) Pinterest (1) prayers needed (3) Q is for (3) R is for (2) race (13) racing (3) Random facts (1) recipes (2) rest (1) rest day (17) retirement (1) rowing (2) running (57) running club (2) runtastic (1) S is for (1) sciatica (3) spin class (4) sprint (4) strength train (6) Sunshine Award (1) surgery (2) swimming (1) T is for (1) thanksgiving (2) The China Study (1) time (1) tiny dictator (1) tragedy in CT (1) training (22) twitter (1) U is for (1) ultra-running (1) V is for (1) vegan (6) vlog (4) W is for (1) walk/run intervals (24) weddings (1) weight loss (5) working out (10) x y and z (1) YMCA (3)