Monday, April 30, 2012

Half-Marathon Training...Week 4

Sunday-Ran 6 miles...77 minutes.  This was a hard run.  It was very hot...about 82 or so outside, sun was still a bit too high in the sky for me and I ended up overheated and sunburned once again.  So it was into the ice bath for me.


Monday--Rest day.  Well it seems I really irritated my ankle from my run yesterday.  Every time I step down and then lift up my foot, there is significant pain.  Ugh!

Tuesday--Another Rest day.  Still a lot of pain in ankle...when will these little injuries stop coming my way?

Wednesday--Biked 13.7 miles...62 minutes.  Rode the Expresso Bikes at the YMCA today...so much fun.  These are quite a workout, and with so many routes you really can't get too bored.

Thursday--Rest Day.  Still cannot run but that is perfectly okay, I have a ways to go until the half in September.  I can afford to rest up this early in the plan.

Friday--Another Rest Day.  Cleaned my friends house, does that count as a workout?  Why yes it does, after all it's upstairs and downstairs.

Saturday--Ran 8 miles...97 minutes.  This was a great run, the weather couldn't have been more perfect and I took it easy most of the way.  I wanted this to be a relaxed and easy long run and it was just that.  There was a slight wind and the temp was about 61 degrees. Perfecto! As soon as I was home from this run I got showered, dressed and I immediately massaged my legs with lotion and the massage wand...needless to say, my legs feel pretty good.

Miles Ran-14 miles, 174 minutes total.
Miles Biked-13.7 miles, 62 minutes total.
       
Godspeed...this comes from the Middle English expression "God spede (you)", a wish for success and fortune for one setting out on an enterprise, voyage, adventure, or travels. It may also mean good luck.

"Limitations only exist if you let them"

© 2012 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Great job on your long run! I am glad to hear your ankle is not something serious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the ankle tweak but you are smart to rest it quickly! Great training week and yay for such a strong long run on Saturday! Keep it up!

    I've actually never heard of the Expresso bikes but they sound like a terrific cross training option!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that your legs feel good. However take it easy until the complete recover.
    Good job on the long run. I miss a lot mine.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by...can't wait to hear all you've got to say! Blessings!

Labels

000 steps (1) 10 (1) 5k (19) A-Z Challenge (25) Acupuncture (1) AMT (1) B is for (17) Biceps Femoris injury (3) bike (1) biking (7) bloghopping (1) BMR (1) books (1) C is for (16) cancer (13) celebration (7) celebrity runners (1) checking in (23) chia (1) Christmas season (3) coastal getaway (2) cooking (1) cross train (28) current obsessions (1) D is for (15) dancing (2) days of giving thanks (10) death (1) drink (1) E is for (14) exercise (45) expresso bikes (7) F is for (13) facebook (1) family (34) fasting (1) FF linkup (3) fires (1) fitness (26) flower (1) food (13) friday blog hop (2) friends (29) G is for (13) gardening (4) goals (3) God (13) goodbyes (2) grief (1) gym time (5) H is for (11) healthy living (21) hot weather running (13) hump day inspiration (3) I is for (9) injury (28) inspiration (4) instagram (3) J is for (10) K is for (9) kindness (3) l is for (8) letters to myself (1) link-up (1) local sugar (1) loss (1) low iodine diet (1) M is for (7) mapmyfun (1) marathon (10) marathon training (30) May Challenge (1) mothers day (5) N is for (6) negative splits (2) new year (2) numbers (1) O is for (5) overnight oats (1) overpronation (2) P is for (4) patience (1) Pear Blossom Run (8) pelvic stress fracture (28) Picture Perfect Friday (1) Pinterest (1) prayers needed (3) Q is for (3) R is for (2) race (13) racing (3) Random facts (1) recipes (2) rest (1) rest day (17) retirement (1) rowing (2) running (57) running club (2) runtastic (1) S is for (1) sciatica (3) spin class (4) sprint (4) strength train (6) Sunshine Award (1) surgery (2) swimming (1) T is for (1) thanksgiving (2) The China Study (1) time (1) tiny dictator (1) tragedy in CT (1) training (22) twitter (1) U is for (1) ultra-running (1) V is for (1) vegan (6) vlog (4) W is for (1) walk/run intervals (24) weddings (1) weight loss (5) working out (10) x y and z (1) YMCA (3)