Monday, April 23, 2012

Half-Marathon Training...Week 3

Sunday--Rest Day.  I definitely hurt so it's good I am able to take a day off to just recover from my 5k and rest up for the week ahead.

Monday--Ran 4.23 (48 minutes) miles on the dread-mill at the local YMCA.  I Absolutely detest running on the 'mill, it hurts my feet and legs more for some odd reason, plus I don't get anywhere.  I like to run with a destination in mind, arrive there, and then run back to where I started from.  I'm weird like that.

Tuesday--Ran 6.0 miles (66 minutes). This time I took it outside even though the weather wasn't that nice. The skies were overcast and there was a light drizzle at the start of the run, but it cleared and was nice on the way back, although the sun didn't make an appearance.

Wednesday--Rest Day. I just relaxed most of the day, plus it was pouring outside, so it turned out to be a great day to rest.

Thursday--Cross Training with J.  20 minutes of high intensity exercises.  Frog squat jumps, karaokes, lunges, sprints, and jogging backwards.

Friday--Ran 3.7 miles (50 minutes).  I didn't get to run until about 2pm so I had to deal with the sun and heat for the first time.  It was about 82 degrees but there was a wind so it wasn't all bad.  I ran out of water on the way back, so I stopped in at my neighborhood market for some water and a potty break.  Used sunscreen but still got burned. Lessons learned, don't run in the mid-day sun, take more water, and use better sunscreen.

Saturday--Rest Day. Rode my cruiser "Choncho" with my daughter M for about an hour and a half.  It was about 10 or more miles in all. I guess you could call this a cross train day as well as a rest day. 

Miles Ran-13.93
Miles Biked-10+  

Godspeed...this comes from the Middle English expression "God spede (you)", a wish for success and fortune for one setting out on an enterprise, voyage, adventure, or travels. It may also mean good luck. 

"Limitations only exist if you let them"

© 2012 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on treadmill running. I take it outdoors whenever I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very productive week of training :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by...can't wait to hear all you've got to say! Blessings!

Labels

000 steps (1) 10 (1) 5k (19) A-Z Challenge (25) Acupuncture (1) AMT (1) B is for (17) Biceps Femoris injury (3) bike (1) biking (7) bloghopping (1) BMR (1) books (1) C is for (16) cancer (13) celebration (7) celebrity runners (1) checking in (23) chia (1) Christmas season (3) coastal getaway (2) cooking (1) cross train (28) current obsessions (1) D is for (15) dancing (2) days of giving thanks (10) death (1) drink (1) E is for (14) exercise (45) expresso bikes (7) F is for (13) facebook (1) family (34) fasting (1) FF linkup (3) fires (1) fitness (26) flower (1) food (13) friday blog hop (2) friends (29) G is for (13) gardening (4) goals (3) God (13) goodbyes (2) grief (1) gym time (5) H is for (11) healthy living (21) hot weather running (13) hump day inspiration (3) I is for (9) injury (28) inspiration (4) instagram (3) J is for (10) K is for (9) kindness (3) l is for (8) letters to myself (1) link-up (1) local sugar (1) loss (1) low iodine diet (1) M is for (7) mapmyfun (1) marathon (10) marathon training (30) May Challenge (1) mothers day (5) N is for (6) negative splits (2) new year (2) numbers (1) O is for (5) overnight oats (1) overpronation (2) P is for (4) patience (1) Pear Blossom Run (8) pelvic stress fracture (28) Picture Perfect Friday (1) Pinterest (1) prayers needed (3) Q is for (3) R is for (2) race (13) racing (3) Random facts (1) recipes (2) rest (1) rest day (17) retirement (1) rowing (2) running (57) running club (2) runtastic (1) S is for (1) sciatica (3) spin class (4) sprint (4) strength train (6) Sunshine Award (1) surgery (2) swimming (1) T is for (1) thanksgiving (2) The China Study (1) time (1) tiny dictator (1) tragedy in CT (1) training (22) twitter (1) U is for (1) ultra-running (1) V is for (1) vegan (6) vlog (4) W is for (1) walk/run intervals (24) weddings (1) weight loss (5) working out (10) x y and z (1) YMCA (3)