Thursday, April 5, 2012

Half-Marathon Training...Days 4 & 5

Yesterday was my 4th day of training for The Rogue Run in Sept. 2012.

It was a nice day and I was able to do a nice 3.1 without any rainfall.  The sun was actually shining down on me for a change.  I made sure to warm up this morning before my run and it went pretty smooth.  I felt a little sluggish near the end but I think that was because I was wanting to beat my last personal best...and I did! I have a bad habit of looking at what everyone else's time is for the 5k and thinking, wow I am so slow compared to them.  I am working on not comparing myself to others, and reminding myself I'm fairly new to this.  Like I said, I'm not fast but I'm steady and still lapping everyone else on the couch.

Today was day 5 of training for The Rogue Run in Sept. 2012.

Woke up this morning to an overcast sky but no rain...so it's all good.  I got the kids off to school and got ready for my 4 mile run.  Since my 14yr old son and I left the house at the same time I walked with him to the end of the street (high school bus stop) and past my other two sons (16 & 18) and headed out to run. Started out with a pretty slow jog so I could warm up a little, then progressed to a little faster cadence the rest of the way...it was supposed to be an easy run.   About 3:30 into my run I realized I forgot to start my stopwatch...so did that and things went smooth from there on out.  All in all another great easy run under my belt. 

"Limitations only exist if you let them"

 © 2012 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, you are definitely lapping me... i'm still struggling to do half an hour in the gym regularly! Been this week, let's just hope I keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just like you, comparing my speed to others. My sister is 11 years older than me with two kids (I'm still at zero...that I know of) and smokes me every single time! She can almost run two 5ks in the time it takes me to finish one. I keep telling her one day when I'm as big as she is I'll be as good. Just remember: no matter how slow you go, you're always lapping the guy on the couch!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by...can't wait to hear all you've got to say! Blessings!

Labels

000 steps (1) 10 (1) 5k (19) A-Z Challenge (25) Acupuncture (1) AMT (1) B is for (17) Biceps Femoris injury (3) bike (1) biking (7) bloghopping (1) BMR (1) books (1) C is for (16) cancer (13) celebration (7) celebrity runners (1) checking in (23) chia (1) Christmas season (3) coastal getaway (2) cooking (1) cross train (28) current obsessions (1) D is for (15) dancing (2) days of giving thanks (10) death (1) drink (1) E is for (14) exercise (45) expresso bikes (7) F is for (13) facebook (1) family (34) fasting (1) FF linkup (3) fires (1) fitness (26) flower (1) food (13) friday blog hop (2) friends (29) G is for (13) gardening (4) goals (3) God (13) goodbyes (2) grief (1) gym time (5) H is for (11) healthy living (21) hot weather running (13) hump day inspiration (3) I is for (9) injury (28) inspiration (4) instagram (3) J is for (10) K is for (9) kindness (3) l is for (8) letters to myself (1) link-up (1) local sugar (1) loss (1) low iodine diet (1) M is for (7) mapmyfun (1) marathon (10) marathon training (30) May Challenge (1) mothers day (5) N is for (6) negative splits (2) new year (2) numbers (1) O is for (5) overnight oats (1) overpronation (2) P is for (4) patience (1) Pear Blossom Run (8) pelvic stress fracture (28) Picture Perfect Friday (1) Pinterest (1) prayers needed (3) Q is for (3) R is for (2) race (13) racing (3) Random facts (1) recipes (2) rest (1) rest day (17) retirement (1) rowing (2) running (57) running club (2) runtastic (1) S is for (1) sciatica (3) spin class (4) sprint (4) strength train (6) Sunshine Award (1) surgery (2) swimming (1) T is for (1) thanksgiving (2) The China Study (1) time (1) tiny dictator (1) tragedy in CT (1) training (22) twitter (1) U is for (1) ultra-running (1) V is for (1) vegan (6) vlog (4) W is for (1) walk/run intervals (24) weddings (1) weight loss (5) working out (10) x y and z (1) YMCA (3)